Lead WordPress Engineer at XWP
This job is no longer accepting applications.
XWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, News Corp, and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.
Our team of 90+ experts (from 20+ countries and 6 continents) enjoy challenging work, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and many opportunities to grow and learn. We have a passion and enthusiasm for what we do and a sincere care for each other and our clients.
We are looking for the right person to join our engineering team who will support XWP’s mission of building a better web at enterprise scale by delivering exceptional software and great client experiences, within a supportive and growth-oriented environment.
Who You Are
- You have a keen eye for details, even the small ones
- You are an enthusiastic WordPress advocate
- You are fueled by a balanced blend of humility and confidence
- You appreciate order and efficiency, but have an action-oriented approach
- You have an appetite for learning and self-development
- You value autonomy and have the self-management skills to operate dependably in a fully-remote role
What You’ve Done
- You’ve had your hands deep in complex, large scale web technology projects
- You’ve actively participated in mentoring and guiding less experienced developers to follow best practices through code reviews
- You’ve built complex custom WordPress plugins from scratch
Be An Engaged Team Member
- Contribute to estimations for all tickets in the backlog and participate in Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, and Sprint Review Meetings
- Adhere to Agile SCRUM Methodologies and organizational processes
- Be a candid, respectful, and supportive teammate and leader
- Work closely and collaboratively with others to develop solutions
- Share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues
Champion Engineering Best Practices
- Review and write unit, integration, and regression tests when appropriate
- E2E testing and frameworks such PHPUnit, QUnit, and Mocha
- Conduct architectural peer reviews for code created by other engineers
- Set up build and test environments as well as deploying code
- Setting up CI/CD workflows with Travis CI or Github Actions
- Implement standard Docker local development environments
Write Secure, Performant, Scalable Code
- Develop custom WordPress plugins for use at enterprise scale
- Object Oriented Programming
- Create custom React.js based Gutenberg Blocks
- Utilize WordPress technologies like WP-CLI and the WP-REST-API
- Build on SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Transpile ES6 to ES5 using Babel
- Package management tools like NPM and Composer
- Employ build tools like Gulp, Grunt, WebPack, Rollup etc.
- Debugging across a wide range of browsers and devices
What Success Looks Like
- Delivery of quality code, on time, and as estimated
- Collaborative and effective communication across global time zones and cultures
- Proactive approach to learning, growth, and sharing
- Having the trust and confidence of your teammates
- Leading by example and treating others with respect
- Payscale & Benefits
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- The joys of remote work done right (schedule flexibility, skip the commute, more time for family and interests outside of work)
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our clients, team members and the open web.
- An expected salary range of USD $100,000 to $125,000 or contractor rates of $55-$75/Hr ($7,000 – $10,000/month)
- Paid leave
- Unleash+ allowance of $2,500 per year to enrich your life, and other benefits.
XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Are you intrigued?
Apply now and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!
Your application has been successfully submitted.