Assistant Manager Island Maintenance - Castaway Cay
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Supervises, assigns, dispatches, coordinates and supervises crews and/or contractors in completion of maintenance work for the Technical and Island Services Maintenance teams. Manage the daily maintenance and upkeep of all island facilities, equipment and systems.
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
Supervises, assigns, dispatches, coordinates and supervises crews and/or contractors in completion of maintenance work for the Technical and Island Services Maintenance teams;Manage the daily maintenance and upkeep of all island facilities, equipment and systems.
- Supervises, assigns, dispatches, coordinates and supervises crews and/or contractors in completion of maintenance work for the assigned maintenance team
- Manage the daily maintenance and upkeep of all island facilities, equipment and systems
- Meet with partners in areas such as Island Services, recreation, operations and landscape to understand their needs and provide them with excellent service
- Supervises subordinate employees including first level coaching, counseling, training and performance evaluations including understudy development
- Responsible for the reporting and record keeping of all maintenance activities and provisioning through the AMOS system
- Promote a safe work environment with procedures and programs relating to lock out/tag out, fall prevention, confined spaces, hazardous materials, etc.; Reinforces a safety culture and continually seeks to expand safety knowledge through training, mentoring, self-study or other methods of continuous learning
- Complies with the safety competencies, and all company policies and procedures; Investigates, documents and reports safety issues;
- Maintain and improve preparedness for extreme weather
- Additional duties and tasks designated by leadership, when necessary
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with full or subordinate responsibility for the technical management of a major facility or ship;Diploma or certificate supporting training in one or more maintenance trade or discipline
- Thorough knowledge of relevant safety regulations
- Knowledge of computers to include computerized maintenance management system
- Knowledge of purchasing methods, procedures and policy
- Knowledge of automated purchasing/inventory management system
- Working skills of the methods, equipment and supplies used in repair and maintenance of commercial facilities, residential housing, and/or grounds
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of small crews of laborers/contractors
- Ability to coach, counsel, train and evaluate employee performance to include safety policies, procedures and practices
- Ability to maintain effective relationship with customers, employees and supervisors
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.