Inventory Control Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Caribbean Producers Jamaica is one of the leading manufacturing companies in Jamaica; we are looking for a dedicated and reliable Inventory Control Manager to join their company. The chief goal in this position will be to monitor the Company’s inventory tracking system and report on the Company’s inventory levels. To be successful in this role, you will be expected to engage in functions which include the planning, execution and reconciliation of full physical inventories and cycle count processes in warehouse locations as well as control of inventory throughout the distribution process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate recording of receipt of all items of inventory.
- Monitor sales journal updates and other relevant journals.
- Examine the levels of supplies and raw material to determine shortages
- Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels, and adjustments
- Preform daily analysis to predict potential inventory problems
- Propose strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics.
- Monitor demand and analyse data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs.
- Working directly with the Purchasing department to ensure proper stocking levels are maintained
- Maintaining the company’s inventory system and ensure that all product codes are properly classified and updated
- To monitor and investigate any inventory variances that may occur.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reconciliations of Inventory stock listings to the General Ledger
- Monitor the process of costing receipts, ensuring that all cost factors are accurately recorded.
- Advising on inventory movements highlighting slow moving or obsolete inventory, ensuring that the relevant managers are informed
Education & Experience:
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/CA with experience in Inventory mainly of a FMCC/manufacturing organization
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in similar capacity.
- At least 4 years’ management experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Software Suite – Microsoft Word/Excel/Access.
- Knowledge of/experienced with/in working with an automated warehouse management system
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities
- Eagerness to learn technical information
- Technical skills such as measuring and converting units of measure
Interested individuals meeting the above criteria should submit their applications and resumes via email to the following:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Destined for Excellence