Ruby on Rails Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Nedap Healthcare allows caregivers and nurses to devote more time to their clients by optimising the time caregivers and nurses have to spend on administrative tasks.
We build software solutions for long term and mental healthcare. All our teams have ownership about different aspects of our software with a lot of autonomy, freedom and responsibility.
We as the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team are easing the work of other product teams by building foundation blocks. We offer generic solutions, best practices, and tools in focus areas like maintenance, deployment, and insight. We try to ease repetitive and boring tasks by automating them as much as possible.
Our autonomy and belief in using the right tool for the job resulted in a lot of different technologies and frameworks being used for different parts of the applications. For us, as the SRE team that means our solutions should be as much technology-independent as possible. However, at this stage, we decided to first focus on optimising our Ruby on Rails applications, meaning we are searching for a Senior Ruby Developer right now.
For our team, we are searching for a developer with a passion for stability, automation, and insight. Somebody who likes to make sure that it is easy to debug problems and monitor complex applications. Somebody who likes to bring existing applications and teams to the next level.
To give you a better understanding of the type of challenges, below are some projects we are currently working on:
- Introducing a new containerised continuous deployment pipeline;
- Introducing uniform solutions for monitoring, alerting and insight for several microservices
We are a remote team with a lot of freedom but also a lot of responsibilities which requires self-discipline.
Some other useful traits to be a good fit in our team:
- Can-do and self-driven attitude;
- Eager to assist other teams;
- Big picture thinking, pragmatism, sense of ownership;
- Cool-headed: Calm under pressure;
- Willingness to learn new things;
- Automation mindset;
- Willing to take part in on-call rotation (also outside of regular working hours).
You’ll get the freedom to fill in your time the way you can get the most out of yourself and what you do. A competitive salary and excellent secondary employment conditions are self evident.
Required experience and skills
We are looking for a experienced developer with either Java or Ruby on Rails but who’s willing to learn other ones as well.
In addition, you recognize yourself in the following skills:
- You have experience with setting up and maintaining CI/CD processes and tooling;
- You are familiar with setting up and using monitoring services/tools;
- You are not afraid of technically complex questions;
- You enjoy dealing with issues without having the entire picture (Puzzle Solver);
- You are not discouraged to convince other people about your solution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.