Senior Unity Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
(£70k, with 2% company ownership vested over 3 years)
We’re seeking a Senior Unity Developer to join our small games startup with generous share options to help shape the company. This is an exciting opportunity to be a big fish in a small pond; involved at the beginning of a game studio and also shaping the flagship game title and development practices.
Developing is not a factory process in our eyes. You’ll be a major part of the game design and proactive with presenting technology as an enabler to perhaps a cool mechanic or new feature. We believe engineers are also creatives and should/love to get involved in the creative process too.
Being in a small team and start up environment, you’ll have experience coding across a range of disciplines and will be asked to draw upon this frequently. You’ll also need to be able to be pragmatic and help fill the gaps on loosely defined tasks and provide solutions to ‘grey areas’
- Really care about the playing experience and smoothness controlling characters
- Really care about the code quality and separation of concerns but at the same time understand the balance of over engineering for tomorrow vs delivery for today
- Be a positive energy, optimistic and willing to help/guide those with less experience
- Be resourceful. Look for good shortcuts without compromising the game. Able to quickly identity the need of any Unity * Assets and evaluate them quickly
- Be able to sometimes provide diagrams or low level design on a workflow if it needs fleshing out some more
- At least 5 years of experience developing with the Unity game engines with at least 3 major 3D titles including PC
- Strong C# and testing experience using Editor/Test Runner
- Related software development degree
- Experience making a game mod-able
- Strong AI understanding
- Proficiency with dynamic terrains, voxels, construction/build systems (think Survival genre) and physics systems
- Experience with Tower Defence and Real-time Strategy games
- Weather systems
Basement Games is offering a competitive salary with stock options. We understand the value of our team and will proactively review and reward based on performance of both the individual and the company's success. This is the chance to be in at the beginning, be instrumental to the success and rapidly develop your career path.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Where the adventure begins