This job is no longer accepting applications.
Copper is not just another CRM. It’s the only CRM that is 100% focused on helping clients build the strongest possible business relationships that will win them customers for life. While most CRMs are glorified databases with legions of custom fields, Copper takes a human and action-centered approach and functions at the heart of a business.
Copper surprises people: clients tell us they actually love their CRM, as this was previously a feat of impossibility. We’re turning CRM on its head by offering a beautifully crafted, Google Workspace-native tool that offers transparency, collaboration, and productivity.
It’s an exciting time to be part of this category, where there are few individual players left who are truly capable of capturing significant market share. We are one of them with a strong foothold in the space, and funds raised of $100 million.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Controller for a 6 month contract with the possibility of it leading to Full Time. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the accounting function and bring a strategic accounting perspective to the Company’s goals and overall operations. This role will report directly to the VP Finance and will be overseeing a staff of 2.
What you’ll do …
- Oversee all accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP and internal accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee operational data from our various billing/revenue system platforms to ensure data integrity and accuracy, as well as enhancing speed and reliability of financial reporting
- Manage the monthly close process, including reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, inter-company, cost allocations, and other balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Review payroll on a bi-monthly basis
- Liaison to our external consultants managing our international operations
- Manage consultants for annual audit preparation, workpaper improvement, and technical accounting
- Manage the relationship and activities of the independent public accountant, external tax advisor, and other third-party advisory firms.
- Research & write technical accounting memos (as needed)
- Manage monthly financial reporting package for banking partners
- Oversee cash management reporting to VP Finance on a weekly basis
- Supervise and continue to develop a strong, performance-oriented accounting team, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business
What you’ll have …
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting/ Economics, or Business Administration with an Accounting/Finance emphasis preferred; CPA strongly preferred
- 8+ years progressive experience in a combination of Big 4 and industry management roles
- Big 4 firm audit/assurance experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in SaaS and understanding ASC 605/606 software recognition
- Ability to lead the accounting function and collaborate with non-finance personnel
- Analytical; High attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Experience in Netsuite, Bill.com, Recurly, and other accounting systems a plus
Our teams are located in Canada and in the United States. We are remote-flexible, and we are an equal-opportunity employer.
At Copper we are committed to building and empowering a diverse and inclusive environment. We believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams, so we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Note about Copper’s remote-flexible work policy:
We are working remotely and doing our part to ensure that our employees and future employees are healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. If you are invited to our interview process, we will conduct all meetings via video conference. All new employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them in advance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The CRM that works for you, so you can spend time on relationships.