Copy & Content Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Tucows Creative Team is redefining what an in-house agency is and are looking for a Copy & Content Manager to join the Herd. You would be responsible for leading a team of content specialists, being responsible for all marketing campaigns, across multiple platforms and brands, and crafting world-class creative for a variety of audiences and formats to help support our growth goals.
What you'll be doing:
The role involves collaborating with members of the In-House Agency team and peers across the business, including Marketing, to deliver quality communications. This includes:
- Developing concepts, writing for a wide range of content formats (think web pages, display ads, blog posts, social posts, video scripts, postcards, etc.).
- Develop content strategies and frameworks for a broad variety of projects and customer/employee communications.
- Making sure all our communications to our customer reflects our brand.
- Working closely with every member of the agency team, participate in brainstorming sessions, supporting and building on ideas.
- Strategic and creative problem solver who can create bold ideas both big and small, for all channels and all audiences
- Mentor and coach by communicating your knowledge of industry trends with the team.
- Give constructive feedback and editorial guidance to other members of the Copy & Content team.
- Be the lead for the other content specialists
Who you are:
- 8+ years of copywriting experience in either an agency or in-house team.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, creative advertising, communications or equivalent working experience.
- Experience leading a team of copywriters and content specialists
- Stellar written and communication skills
- Great content strategy skills.
- Excellent presentation skills with an ease to present your ideas to a diverse group of partners.
- Have a portfolio that showcases your understanding of marketing strategy, brand strategy, campaign messaging, etc.
- We > Me speaks to you and you are highly collaborative, leading with humility and empathy, and learning from the perspectives of others. Your creativity and innovation knows no bounds, you seek new ways of doing things, love to generate new ideas. Communication is important for you, you have an ability to challenge yourself and others to deliver results.
- Your approach is organized and creative and allows you to see a problem in a different light and find a solution. You look beyond the obvious. You know G Suite, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro like the back of your hand.
- Lastly and most importantly, if an extraordinary company culture, working with creative people, having fun while making a difference with your work, is meaningful for you, give us a chance. Who knows!
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making the Internet better.