Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re seeking a senior Python back-end and system engineers to build SaaS and CLI tools. We build DVC (7000+ ⭐on GitHub) and CML (2000+ ⭐ on GitHub). It's a great opportunity if you love open source, dev tools, systems programming, and remote work. Join our well-funded remote-first team to build developer tools to see how your code is used by thousands of developers every day!
- Excellent communication skills and a positive mindset 🤗
- No prior deep knowledge of ML is required - Strong Python knowledge and excellent coding culture (standards, unit test, docs, etc) are required.
- Initiative to help shape the engineering practices, products, and culture of a young startup - Remote work self-discipline. A lot of our processes are built on trust- we don't like and don't have time to micro-manage
About the interview process
We’ll likely start with an informal 45-minute phone call to meet. After that, we’d love to work on a process together that feels fair. No trick/puzzle questions, no artificial “whiteboard” problems. Usually we plan to do something together - a task that is actually motivated by the problems we deal every day with. It can be for example a ticket from GitHub. You will meet and potentially work with the team. Of course, we’d pay you whatever you think is fair. We understand, however, that’s not always possible for everyone and we are open-minded and can discuss other options!
At ITERATIVE, we build developer tools for machine learning. We're a well-funded, remote-first team on a mission to solve the complexity of managing datasets, ML infrastructure, ML models lifecycle management. We value great collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise-level customers.
- ✅ Check out our GitHub
- ✅ Check out the Website and Docs
- ✅ Finally, take a look at our Blog and [YouTube]
WHAT WE OFFER
- 🌎 Team is distributed remotely worldwide.
- 🤗 Open source-first company- your work will be visible and will be used by thousands developers every day! This feels great! Check out our Discord and GitHub.
- Engineering team is involved in product discussions and planning. We do it openly via Github or Discord chat.
- Besides building the product we participate in conferences (PyCon, PyData, O'Reilly AI, etc). We encourage and support the team in giving talks, writing blog-posts, and other activities.
- Well-defined process that we all participate in improving.
- Great health coverage for you and your family, 100% paid by us (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
WE TAKE CARE OF OUR PEOPLE
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, ITERATIVE is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do. We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- ✅Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- ✅Great health coverage for you and your family, 100% paid by us (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
- ✅Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- ✅Unlimited PTO and sick days ITERATIVE is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. ITERATIVE also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.