Head of SEO
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for a Head of SEO to lead our organic acquisition strategy, overseeing all SEO content research, planning and execution. You will be responsible for scaling our organic channel, building scalable systems for link building, content optimisation and technical improvements across the domain.
What are the requirements?
- At least 4 years experience as an SEO either in-house or at an agency.
- Deep knowledge of analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Mixpanel) and keyword research tools (e.g., Ahrefs).
- Familiarity with content management systems for SEO. Bonus points if you're familiar with Webflow.
- Up to date on the latest trends in SEO.
Who will thrive in this role?
- You're a self-starter and entrepreneurial. You plan your week, month and year's tasks in advance on your own and don't require hand-holding with your work. You can put together a quarterly plan.
- You have the ability to prioritize: we have tons of pages, lots of different improvements that can be made, lots of keywords to try, lots of experiments to run. How do we prioritize what we do?
- You're inherently inquisitive. You're always thinking about different page structures. You're looking at other software sites SEO, listening to podcasts, subscribed to SEO newsletters like Moz and SEOnotebook, checking out product hunt etc.
- You understand what GREAT content is and have created multiple pieces of content in the past that rank #1 on Google.
- You're disciplined with your time and are great at managing multiple things going on at once.
- You're proactive and regularly bring up new ideas.
- You have a "Get shit done" mindset: you're very action oriented, you like and want to get your hands dirty
- Competitive salary, plus profit sharing and bonuses
- Unlimited holidays — we actually want you to take time off
- All-expenses paid team retreats — our last retreat was in Mexico!
- Unlimited professional development stipend — books, classes, coaching, whatever you need
- Strong culture of work / life balance — it's a marathon, not a sprint
- Complete internal transparency — everyone sees everything within the company
🌳 About Bonsai
Bonsai helps 300,000+ freelancers in 100+ countries start, run, and grow their businesses.
The way the world works is changing: Freelancers make up 40% of the workforce today and will be 50%+ by 2030. People want flexible and independent careers. Companies want great on-demand talent. This is one of the largest shifts since the Industrial Revolution, but the tools to support it are stuck in the 20th or even 19th centuries!
That's where Bonsai comes in. We take care of a freelancer's admin work - contracts, proposals, invoices, payments, accounting & taxes - so they can focus on the work they love and just make money. Ask any freelancers you knowâ€¦ they'll tell you this is a huge and painful time suck.
We're profitable, growing very quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors (YC, Matrix Partners, Index Ventures). We've also been 100% remote since 2016 and our team is spread across 8 different countries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Everything you need to run your freelance business.